Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions...

I have no idea what it is that I want to accomplish this year. Last year was so incredibly awesome that I wonder how to top it... hmmm...

I know I want to leave the country again and spend time learning more languages. But I also have a beau that I must consider when leaving for long ventures. But he says hes okay with it, and he understands a girl like me has to conquer the world!! (Ahhhh... love!)

SOOOO... New Years Resolutions...

1. Stay at the weight Im at. A ounce over 150lbs is a step backwards. It was easy to loose the weight in Buenos Aires, but the hardest part is maintaining this size HERE in the STATES!! (aka, Fast food city!!)

2. Two new recipes per month. (Dont worry, Ill share!!) Funny enough, my foreign beau always says that American women dont know how to cook. And to a certain extent thats true! Some of us dont take the time to learn to cook and prepare dinner every nite. (Exclusions include southern women, and Rachel Ray!) But the tradition isn't passed down as it is in other cultures.

3. Travel this year. Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Brazil... who knows. But i have to go somewhere. I am almost fluent in Spanish and picked up a little Portuguese while in Argentina.

4. HAPPINESS above everything else. Nothing in this world matters if your not happy. But when your happy, everything else seem utterly un-important. Some ppl wouldnt understand until they reach rock bottom and realize how unhappy they are. The clothes, the cars, the fancy things we seem to hold so high on a pedestal here in the states... none of that would matter.

GOD first, LOVE, LIVE, LOVE LIFE and LIVE MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment