Monday, January 11, 2010

Look MA... I made Homemade Biscuits!

Okay, I know this is starting to look like a cooking blog, but that is what has taken over my interest post- Buenos Aires. Just when I lost 10 lbs and it was easier than ever before... now I need a workout plan! But im teaching myself to bake... for FREE!! (we're in a recession!)

My latest creation hails from Paula Dean herself!! (with a little improvisation)... BEHOLD. Homemade BISCUITS!! (background chior) AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!





Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used 2/4 milk and 1/4 coconut milk)

Directions

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut butter into mixture until it begins to look like cornmeal.

Make a well with flour mixture and slowly add milk into the middle. Knead dough with your fingers and add milk when necessary. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Cut with small biscuit cutter.

(And I buttered the biscuits last) Butter bottom of skillet and place biscuits in pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Oven should be on 450)


!Bon Appetite !


No comments:

Post a Comment