Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who else could it be??

No one but Karl Lagerfeld. In the latest edition of Interview Magazine, Karl Lagerfeld is displaying his latest line featuring motorbike helmets which he says was inspired by hairdos from the 1960's. When asked where his inspiration comes from when putting together a collection here is what the fashion genius had to say:
LAGERFELD: A collection is not just one basic idea. It comes from something that is in the air, something you suddenly like and put down on paper and then work out. People today are so used to taking one theme and staying with it all the way. I don’t do that. It’s about cut, about construction. I wanted shoulder, but a new volume, so I made what I call the Big Shoulder. I’m more interested in working out technical ideas than I am in themes or illustrating a scene or a country or whatever.

Karl Lagerfeld: Fall/ Winter 2009 2010

1 comment: